This post is sorta’ like a step outta my comfort zone as far as posts go. It’s new to me and hopefully will be refreshin’ for you.
I was wonderin’ the other day what bein’ a Power Blogger meant, what was the criteria? Am I a Power Blogger? Needless to say, I had Connor and that thought went right out the window until this mornin’ when I got to thinkin’ about it again. So, curious lil ole me decided to do some research and the followin’ is what I came up with (in mostly my own words).
- You do not have to post 30 posts a day to be a Power Blogger
- Your posts need to be about somethin’ you believe in, dare I say somethin’ you’re passionate about?
- You should always go for Qualtiy vs Quantity
- Be as different from other bloggers as possible
- Be timely in your posts. Write about current events, not somethin’ that happened years or months ago*
- Interact with your readers. Reply to comments, emails and such.
- Try to inspire people with your writin’. Give ’em somethin’ to think about or perhaps help them in some way.
- Write at least one post a day, everyday
*I am sometimes guilty of doin’ this
“The number of blog posts a blogger publishes should have nothing to do with whether he’s a power blogger. Instead, it should be the influence the blogger has over his readership and beyond. What’s important is whether a blog post makes a difference in the reader’s life. Does it teach? Make the reader think? Influence his decisions? If a blogger can consistently do any of that, he’s a power blogger.”
I agree with her in what she said. When I write something, 99% of the time it is from the heart, this post bein’ in the 1% range ’cause it’s more like research and I wanna share it with you.
Am I a Power Blogger? I dunno, you tell me. I don’t have thousands of followers nor do I get hundreds of comments on any of my posts, but what followers I do have and what comments I do get I am very thankful for and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Do I want this blog to grow? Yes. Do I want to gain more followers? Of course. But I’m not gonna change anything about me or my writin’ to do so. I will continue to write from the heart on whatever pops in this hillbilly brain of mine and just hope that you will continue to enjoy my ramblings.
Thanks for readin’.