This is quite possibly the best cake ever invented!!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs- lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 (8 ounce can) crushed pineapple -do not drain
- 2 cups bananas, mashed or about 3 – 4 large bananas
- 1 cups pecans or almonds/ walnuts chopped
(it is supposed to be pecans but sometimes I change it up a bit)
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
- Mix together with whisk. Add eggs, vanilla extract, oil, pineapple, bananas and pecans(or nuts of choice) and mix until all ingredients are moistened
- Spray 3 (9 inch) round cake pans or one 9 x 13 inch pan. Cook in preheated 350 degree oven 30 to 35 minutes until cake is done in center. Then Frost with cream cheese frosting or any favorite frosting you may have!
Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound box (about 3 2/3 cups) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans